Docket COVID Vaccination Proof

I'm now using Docket even though I have some privacy concerns.

The good news is Docket was updated today to support the SMART Health Card QR code. If you have the updated version you will see a small QR code. Tapping on the code will give you the full QR screen.

Some other state apps, different from Docket, are also starting to include the SMART code. The NYS Excelsior app being one. Using SMARY enables standard verification between different states and apps. Think of it like EZ-Pass where your NJ EZ-Pass works in NY.

The SMART Health card is supposed to become the defacto standard for the country (something our inept federal government should have done).

https://smarthealth.cards

https://thecommonsproject.org/smart-health-card-verifier

I download the SMART verification app to my phone and tested a Docket QR code I have on another phone. It verified the code is valid. I then got the NYS Excelsior Pass Scanner which was created to verify the QR codes in NYS's Excelsior Pass. I was verified by Excelsior even though the QR code I used is in Docket and from NJ's database.

I have an Android phone but I assume the Apple phones also have these updates.


Did your Docket update itself? I had to update it manually.


Occasionally I look at the ready to update app list. I find that apps usually update automatically within a day or two. I manually updated Docket wanting to see what they changed.

Checking the update list can be useful. Sometimes an app fails automatic update which is usually fixed wen doing a manual update.

ps - its about time we got some standardization across states and apps. Not that I expect red states like FL to join this effort.

I'm hoping the verify apps when reading the QR codes use that to go back to the electronic databases to check validity. Which is much better than that easily forged or illegally gotten CDC vaccination card we are given.


does anyone's docket have their booster shot recorded? I got a booster about 2 weeks ago and I don't see it there.


I saw on FB the other day that if you can't access your records, first delete all other tries and then put your name in last name, first name, instead of the requested first, last. I had no problem but could not load my husband's records. When I got it loaded, it showed his booster dose, too. 


KarenMarlowe said:

I saw on FB the other day that if you can't access your records, first delete all other tries and then put your name in last name, first name, instead of the requested first, last. I had no problem but could not load my husband's records. When I got it loaded, it showed his booster dose, too. 

Thanks. Deleting my account and starting over worked.

Kind of a big bug if you ask me.



drummerboy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

I saw on FB the other day that if you can't access your records, first delete all other tries and then put your name in last name, first name, instead of the requested first, last. I had no problem but could not load my husband's records. When I got it loaded, it showed his booster dose, too. 

Thanks. Deleting my account and starting over worked.

Kind of a big bug if you ask me.

 I would agree.


my 3rd dose is listed..got it 5 weeks ago (didn't show mid October)


jmitw said:

my 3rd dose is listed..got it 5 weeks ago (didn't show mid October)

I got my 3rd on Sept. 27. It still isn't showing on the app.


my 2nd dose didn't show at all, i think i had to delete the app and reinstall it


jmitw said:

my 2nd dose didn't show at all, i think i had to delete the app and reinstall it

yeah, you can also just delete your account from within the app and then re-add your personal info. That will cause a fresh download of your vaccine data.


You should be able to get an updated history by going to the Immunization Search History and clicking on the "+" symbol at the top right screen's corner. To get the immunization search history screen click on the the bar icon on the bottom left of Docket's main screen. This works for Android Docket.


I just deleted my account and set up a new one and it fixed my issues, too. It somehow got my landline (maybe I did it? Who knows?) as the one to send confirmation texts to on the first account but not my cell. Now I have a new account attached to my cell number and it found my info and it confirms my two Moderna shots and a booster. Nice.


Deleting my account from within the app and re-creating it solved the problem. But a PITA. 


I also had issues with my second dose not showing up in Docket.  Here is the response I got when I emailed NJIIS.....This worked for me.

FROM NJIIS:

Please do the following to all previous searches,

First delete all previous searches, navigate to the Immunization Search History screen (the bottom-left button) > select your search > if the app displays “Records Found – Would you like to view these immunization records?,” select “No” > tap on the garbage bin icon on the top-right of the screen.

Then retry a search, navigate to the Immunization Search History screen > tap the ‘+’ sign on the top-right corner of the screen (or select “ADD RECORDS” if nothing else is displayed) > input your information > tap “Search Records.”


sig said:

I also had issues with my second dose not showing up in Docket.  Here is the response I got when I emailed NJIIS.....This worked for me.

FROM NJIIS:

Please do the following to all previous searches,

First delete all previous searches, navigate to the Immunization Search History screen (the bottom-left button) > select your search > if the app displays “Records Found – Would you like to view these immunization records?,” select “No” > tap on the garbage bin icon on the top-right of the screen.

Then retry a search, navigate to the Immunization Search History screen > tap the ‘+’ sign on the top-right corner of the screen (or select “ADD RECORDS” if nothing else is displayed) > input your information > tap “Search Records.”

did they happen to mention whether they intend to fix it?


how soon after booster/shot should it take to update?


oots said:

how soon after booster/shot should it take to update?

Good question. One would hope that the relevant database gets updated at the time you get the shot, so that it should be available immediately the next time you start up the app.

But in practice, who knows?


drummerboy said:

Good question. One would hope that the relevant database gets updated at the time you get the shot, so that it should be available immediately the next time you start up the app.

But in practice, who knows?

I got the booster on Friday and when I checked the next day it was not noted by Docket. I saw someone’s earlier comment to delete the app and restart the process and that didn’t work either. The only thing that did eventually work was deleting my account within the app per Tom’s comment above and then creating a new account.


Docket appears to be a little tricky. I got the booster shot 2 Fridays ago, and by last Saturday it was showing up in my Docket, but not before then. I didn't have to unplug and plug it back in again, which was nice. So it seems for a lot of people you'll need to do that, but I luckily didn't need to, it just took some time.


I had an issue with Docket and my booster. Turns out they had associated my first two shots with my landline number, but the booster with the cell. When I tried to download the booster info, Docket kept trying to send a verification code to the landline. Obviously, that didn't work. I called the support number and they were very helpful. They changed the records so that all three shots were associated with my cell, but I still had to delete my id/the app, download the app again, sign up again and then all three shots were visible. Not a big deal. Had I realized, I would never have given the landline and had everything associated with the cell from the beginning, but I had my first two shots before Docket was made available.

The support team was wonderful, very short times on hold and they were helpful and knew exactly what they were doing. I was very happy with every person I spoke with.


My docket app updated my information to reflect the booster shot this morning.  No deleting and reinstalling needed 


oots said:

My docket app updated my information to reflect the booster shot this morning.  No deleting and reinstalling needed 

Did you update the app recently? Maybe they fixed it.


oots said:

My docket app updated my information to reflect the booster shot this morning.  No deleting and reinstalling needed 

It seems to be hit and miss. My husband got all of his shots at the same time as I did, and he had no problems - the booster showed up without his having to do anything. Seems to be a common issue, though, because when I called them, they knew exactly what I was talking about and what to do to work it out.


drummerboy said:

Did you update the app recently? Maybe they fixed it.

I just did the "drag to update your records on the app)



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals